Why become a supporter?
Rethinking Security aims to shift public and political debate in the UK about what security is and how it is best created. We challenge the shortcomings of existing approaches and build confidence in alternatives.
To do this, we need you to join us in taking action to create a more just and peaceful world.
What does it involve?
Rethinking Security supporters:
- Are part of a network of like-minded people who want to make change happen.
- Can get involved in working groups to develop ideas and take action alongside others.
- Can participate in Rethinking Security events, actions and initiatives.
What are our values and aims?
- We think a fresh approach to security should be grounded in the well-being of people and the planet, and rooted in values of respect, justice and interdependence.
- We are committed to non-violent methods. We are committed to creating welcoming, inclusive spaces where we listen carefully to everyone’s perspectives and where differences of opinion are explored respectfully.
- We seek to engage with all political parties as part of our efforts to challenge and change current policy.
- To create debate about current approaches to security – in communities, in educational settings, in the media and in the political arena.
- To challenge the assumptions, interests and values that underpin current security policy, and highlight its failings.
- To increase the visibility of a wider range of perspectives on security, giving particular attention to those who feel most insecure as a result of current approaches.
- To offer ideas and suggestions about how policy could change in order to build a more just and peaceful world for all.
Can I join the Supporters’ Network?
The Supporters’ Network is for people who want to connect with others to take practical action to encourage debate about approaches to security. You can sign up now and opt out at any time. Please tell us a little bit about yourself:
The Rethinking Security supporters’ network enables collaboration so please note that the name, email address and town name you supply here may be used to connect you with others in the network. We will not do this without asking you first. Network communications will also be emailed to this address.
What happens next?
We will be in touch by email soon to discuss your interests in more detail and explain how you could get involved with existing working groups, actions and initiatives.
We appreciate your interest – thank you.