Rethinking Security is seeking a full-time Outreach Coordinator to lead its engagement with local groups and grassroots activists. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced outreach professional or campaigner to join our small team and help to build a movement across the country in support of change in the UK’s policy, discourse and approach to security.
- To support the development of a strong and broad grassroots movement in favour of changing the UK’s approach to security policy.
- To expand, inspire and mobilise Rethinking Security’s network of supporters, working with people and groups around the UK to help them identify and develop campaign actions.
- To facilitate research with and for diverse groups on their security needs and priorities.
- To provide training and resources to support local discussion, campaigning and activism around human security issues.
- To contribute to the wider strategy development and implementation of our new Alternative Security Review project.
You will have a deep knowledge of peace, security, justice and/or climate and environmental issues, a keen appreciation of security policy/narratives and alternative approaches, an understanding of the differential impacts of security policy on different groups and communities, and a passionate commitment to making change happen.
You will bring substantial professional experience of working in public outreach, mobilization or campaigning, of working with volunteers and facilitating groups of activists, and of working within a network or similar type of organization.
Rethinking Security is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees, volunteers and network members. We celebrate diversity and applications are actively encouraged from individuals from all backgrounds. We are committed to ensuring gender equality within our organisation and increasing representation from all ethnic, faith and social groups in order to ensure dynamism and diversity at the heart of our network.
How to apply: Please send a CV (max 2 pages) and 1 page letter of motivation to email@example.com by 17.00 (BST) on Wednesday 21st April 2021. Please title your email ‘Application: Outreach Coordinator’.
Receipt of applications will be confirmed but we regret that, as a small organisation, we will only be able to contact shortlisted candidates and cannot offer feedback on other applications.
If, having read the JD, you would like more information about the role, please contact Rethinking Security’s Coordinator Richard Reeve at firstname.lastname@example.org
Interviews (virtual) are planned for week commencing 03 May 2021.
Applicants will need to have the right to work in the UK as we regret that we are unable to sponsor any work visas.
Steering Group: Finance representative
Rethinking Security is seeking an additional member of its Steering Group with expertise in financial management (essential) and fundraising (desirable) to advise its staff and governing body. This is a voluntary, unpaid position.
Please send a CV and short letter of interest to RS Coordinator Richard Reeve – email@example.com
The ideal person will have:
- Experience in the management and oversight of restricted and unrestricted funds within a charitable organisation or non-governmental organisation (NGO);
- Interest in and commitment to advancing the work of Rethinking Security.
- Knowledge of the funding environment in which peace and security NGOs operate, including knowledge of or contacts with trusts and foundations or other donors.
No formal qualifications or prior experience of governance bodies is required. We strongly encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. We are particularly keen to hear from younger adults and people from backgrounds under-represented in our membership. We are committed to ensuring diversity and gender equality within our organisation and increasing representation from all ethnic, faith and social groups in order to ensure dynamism and diversity at the heart of our network.